A Manager serves as the point of contact for service delivery on projects. In this role you will:
- Build relationships with clients and employees.
- Train, coach, mentor, and evaluate employees. Communicate areas of responsibility to each team member and provide continuous feedback.
- Proactively communicate with Directors and Partners; provide upward feedback.
- Lead a team in understanding and achieving project goals, timelines, and deliverables.
- Manage project budgets and proactively communicate status to clients.
- Assist C‐Suite executives, investment bankers and attorneys in evaluating and closing sales and acquisitions of companies.
- Perform Sell Side Advisory Engagements by analyzing company financials; advise and implement next steps to prepare financials for due diligence or to be used in the M&A process. Prepare and validate financial information during the due diligence process.
- Perform Buy Side Engagements by analyzing target company financials; discuss results with target management and communicate key matters into a report to help our clients evaluate and price the business.
- Perform other consulting and advisory projects as needed. Work directly with our clients to understand their goals and develop solutions to achieve them.
- Proactively identify and implement ways to improve your work and the work of your team.
- Actively participate in improving the firm’s operations and culture, ensuring we’re upholding our firm values.
- Be a firm ambassador ‐ develop new and existing relationships to expand firm's reach and brand awareness.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA license.
- 4 ‐ 8 years of experience working in client service or industry, preferably at a Big 4 firm, from audit track
- Prior M&A / Transaction Services / Financial Due Diligence experience required.
- Expertise and familiarity with preparing and analyzing financial statements in compliance with US GAAP.
- Experience with understanding accounting policies, procedures, and processes.
- Basic understanding of government contract accounting specific concepts (such as revenue recognition, indirect rates, etc.).
- Ability to manage, lead, and mentor a team and serve as the primary point of contact.
- Eagerness and desire for continuous learning and improvement in the craft of accounting, transactions and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact with clients and teammates.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and technical accounting issues in simple terms that anyone can understand.
- Ability to be flexible in work scheduling in order to help our clients and referral partners close deals.
- Ability to multi‐task and service multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven track‐record of quality work, meeting deadlines, and meeting budgets.
- Ability to balance a keen attention to detail while understanding big picture goals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and a general familiarity with accounting software such as timekeeping, labor posting, and general ledger.
Benefits (just to name a few):
- Unlimited PTO
- Bonus Plan
- Commission Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus ($5K+)
- Business development budget
- CPE / Training budget
- Paid maternity, paternity, and adoption leave
- Corporate Matching Gift Program