POSITIVE CULTURE, INTERESTING CLIENTS, STRONG COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place to work. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication to constantly getting better every day. Perkins & Co offers a competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan, paid time off plan, and a comprehensive insurance package.
Relocation assistance is available.
Responsibilities for Senior Audit Accountant:
- Prepare or supervise field audit engagements depending on the type and size of the engagement and your level of experience as a Senior
- Assist in designing the audit approach and planning all aspects of the job including the scope of the project and the technical aspects of the work.
- Inspect clients' financial records
- Compile and analyze data
- Prepare detailed accounting reports and propose solutions to technical accounting research issues
- Assist with coordinating meetings with the client and other members of the client service team.
- As your career progresses you will begin to supervise Staff Accountants and prepare a detailed budget for each person involved in the engagement
Qualifications for Senior Audit Accountant:
- Minimum of 3 years of recent public accounting experience, preferably with a large local, regional, or national firm.
- Working knowledge of standard MS Office software
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is required
- CPA licensed is preferred.
Responsibilities for Audit Manager:
- Develop strong partnerships with a diverse client base (manufacturing & distribution, health care, commercial real estate, etc.)
- Understand and implement new audit risk standards as they pertain to our clients
- Support critical reasoning with proper firm and professional standards
- Manage competing priorities and communicate accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Establish audit objectives and scope of work and manage engagement budgets, bills and schedules
- Develop and motivate engagement staff and seniors by providing mentorship, leadership, counseling and career guidance
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service experience
- Review work prepared by the staff and seniors and provide constructive feedback to develop their personal and professional skills
- Demonstrate technical curiosity that directs the individual to grow professionally and personally in ways to positively contribute to the firm
- Seek opportunities to expand leadership within the firm by getting involved in various aspects of the firm such as training and development, recruiting, and/or updating processes/procedures
- Seek to become famous in the community through networking and other business development activities.
Qualifications for Audit Manager:
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in public accounting in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm (paperless environment)
- Proven technical expertise and experience with middle-market businesses
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Strong problem solving, organizational and detail skills
- Ability to travel locally
Responsibilities for Audit Senior Manager:
- Communicate effectively, both internally and externally, in a professional manner
- Foster teamwork and lead by example
- Manage multiple client relationships; represent the firm's relationship with each client and present service deliverables
- Provide client service and leadership timely and efficiently to fulfill and exceed the expectations of our clients and employees
- Engagement budgeting, billing and scheduling
- Develop and motivate staff and seniors by providing feedback, leadership, counseling, training, and career guidance
- Demonstrate flexibility and availability to complete tasks and meet deadlines
Qualifications Audit Senior Manager:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field
- CPA license
- Minimum 8 years recent, progressive public accounting experience in large local/regional or Big 4 firms
- Strong industry and technical expertise in assurance and business advisory areas
- Demonstrated ability and passion for strengthening existing client relationships; aptitude to develop skills in client interaction, networking, and business development
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Must keep company and client information confidential and demonstrate the highest level of integrity and trustworthiness
- "Hands on” work and leadership style